Socheat’s practice focuses on civil and commercial contracts, intellectual property, labor and employment, litigation and alternative dispute resolution.
Socheat is a qualified lawyer admitted to the Bar Association of the Kingdom of Cambodia since 2008. He is also an accredited Trademark Agent who obtained a Certificate of Legal Mark Attorney from Ministry of Commerce in 2014. He has also obtained a Certificate of Aptitude in the legal profession from the Lawyer Training Center in 2008, and a bachelor of law from Royal University of Law and Economics in 2000.
Socheat has worked for many years of experiences with various institutions including bank, NGOs, and leading law firms in Cambodia. He served as a credit officer for ACLEDA Bank and a Human Rights Monitor in LICADHO for, and public interest lawyer for the Legal Aids of Cambodia, Center for Legal Education of Cambodia and so on. Prior to joining SRLAW, he worked with other leading law firms. His main responsibilities include:
- Representing individuals and corporations at all levels of court in land disputes, criminal cases, family disputes labor disputes etc.;
- Conducting due diligence on the real estate and corporation for acquisition;
- Providing legal advice for clients on various civil, commercial and criminal matters, including adoption, succession, divorces, juvenile matters;
- Drafting legal briefs, memoranda and contracts such as sale and purchase agreement, lease agreement, security agreements, shareholders agreement and other types of civil and commercial agreements; and
- Assisting clients in setting up business, labor registration and applying for other relevant licenses ; and
He speaks fluently English and Khmer.