Practice areas: Real estate and construction, labor and employment, litigation and dispute resolution.
Piseth was admitted to the Bar in 2007. He graduated with an LLM (Master of Laws) from University of Melbourne Law School in Australia in 2016. He has also obtained a certificate of aptitude in the legal profession from the lawyer training center in 2007, a bachelor of law from Royal University of Law and Economics in 2004 and a bachelor of English language from Institute of Foreign Languages in Cambodia in 2006. He has also completed numerous overseas training courses from various international universities such as Washington College of Law in USA, UN Induction Training in Geneva Switzerland, Mekong Lawyering Advocacy Institute in MLAI, Thailand, etc.
Beside a formal education, Piseth have attended various training and workshops both in the countries and oversea and having an in-depth understanding and skills over different issues both nationally and internationally. With an extensive training and education, he has mastered his knowledge and skill in the fields of land and housing, labour and employment, commercial and business, human rights, environment, arbitration and negotiation, Cooperate Social Responsibility (CSRs), and other development issues.
Piseth has also worked for many years of experiences with the Office of United Nation High Commissioner for Human Rights from 2009-2013, and as a lawyer for Community Legal Education Center, Public Interest Legal Advocacy Project. He also served as legal assistant at Model Court in Kandal province and participating in law fellow programs. He has worked for other leading law firm in Cambodia prior to joining SRLAW. His main responsibilities include:
- Representing individual and corporate clients in high profile cases at court;
- Proving legal consultations on market entry, real estate, labor and other corporate and commercial areas;
- Conducting due diligence for the real estate and corporate operation
- Providing legal advice for clients on various matters
- Draft Legal advice and opinion to clients on business, incorporation, commercial, and real estate
- Drafting legal briefs, memoranda and contracts/ agreements including sell purchase agreement, and other relevant agreements
- Conducting legal research in various fields of laws and regulations
- Co-working with other lawyers to ensure case progression and managing strategy for case handling and file management; and
- Building strong relationship with courts, private associations and other relevant entities.